There are a number of important topics that mesothelioma patients should consider evaluating including:
- Discussing financial and investment options with family members
- Basic financial planning such as budgeting your family finances, limiting cash flow and having all essential legal documents such as a will in place
Mesothelioma patients may seek assistance from a number of organizations and individuals such as:
- Insurance Agencies and Specialist may assist you with information on insurance coverage.
- Financial Planners may help you manage and balance your current finances (make sure your financial planner is licensed and certified.)
- Banks and Loan Officers can assist you with lending you money for medical bills and other expenses.
- Medicare and Social Security officers may be able to advise you regarding additional sources of finances for medications and/or hospital visits
- Attorneys can help you obtain a significant amount of money from asbestos lawsuit settlements as well as help you with your will and other essential documents such as healthcare powers of attorney.